Alan MacPhee is a founding member of Village Feast inc and has worked for 10 years to promote and organize events that lead to the tremendous results of the fund raiser each year.
Village Feast Inc. is a non-profit children’s charity based in Souris, Prince Edward Island. It supports local and global initiatives whose goals are to improve the lives of children in our world. Some of the beneficiaries are Farmers helping Farmers which builds school cookhouses in Kenya, Africa, on behalf of Village Feast, the Souris Food Bank, Coats for Kids, and Main Street Family Resource Centre's New Mothers cooking classes.
The results of this year’s efforts alone are below.
• Fundraising Dinner as well as proceeds from 2017 Village Feast
• 4 Cookhouses value $52000.
• Food Bank donation this year $20.000
• Coats for Kids this year $2000.
• Young mothers cooking classes this year $2000.
• 9 Kenyan garden water tanks- value $7350.
• 1 Cow $500.
• Gardener funding for 14 cookhouses, $7000.
• School Cookhouse Food for drought stricken areas- $10,000.
With this year’s donation the Village Feast sponsored cookhouses now serve over 1.2 million meals per year
More than 300,000 has been raised by The Village Feast for local and global charities since 2008.
Souris Village feast2
kenya february 10 2010 054
kenya from lap top 4 098